The following is a guest blog by my colleague in Texas, Keith Wommack. I appreciated his gathering of insights on something so dear to many. Please feel free to share with us your thoughts on prayer in the comment section after this post:
Prayer is …
Prayer is an absolute faith that all things are possible to God.
- Prayer is a spiritual understanding of Him.
- Prayer is an unselfed love.
- Prayer is desire.
- Prayer is the fervent desire for growth in grace, expressed in patience, meekness, love, and good deeds.
- Prayer is the longing to be better and holier.
- Prayer is a deep and conscientious protest of Truth — of man’s likeness to God and man’s unity with Truth and Love.
- Prayer is learning to love, and to include all mankind in one affection.
- Prayer is the utilization of the love wherewith He loves us.
- Prayer shows us more clearly than we saw before, what we already have and are, and what God is.
These statements have helped me in my spiritual healing practice of Christian Science. I thought you might find them helpful as well.
Eddy’s was a prayer filled life. Her Christian upbringing supplied her with a great love of God and Christ. She found prayer to be a way to talk with God and see His power in daily life. Prayer was more than words. She found that prayer led to healing.
Most of these statements are found in Eddy’s book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.